Do you want to be part of the team? We are now looking for new moderators to join our team.
DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Moderators are users who manage the day-to-day affairs of our forums. As a moderator, you can contribute by answering questions and helping other moderators to check that questions are asked clearly, and answers are correct. This ensures that students on AceHSC are receiving the best information available, and that AceHSC is a safe environment for everyone.
All moderators are in a volunteering position with the following responsibilities:
- Providing guidance to the community on acceptable behaviours
- Helping new users understand the community
- Monitoring for spam, inappropriate comments and harassment
- Monitoring the forums for violations of our Rules/Guidelines
- Ensuring users understand the Rules/Guidelines
- Explaining to users how they are breaking the Rules/Guidelines, warning them, and applying silences as needed
- Reporting major bugs, harmful community trends or other emergencies
- Reporting inappropriate names
- Reporting any permanent forum bans that may be needed
- Helping organize and keep the forums clean
- Adding relevant titles to the questions.
- Verifying questions and answers written by new members and checking the quality of the contents created
- Editing status of questions, answers, and comments if required. Meaning, if a content is not following the rules of the community, a moderator has the right to hide, archive, or delete the content.
A clear understanding of the following is REQUIRED.
Our Moderator Policy
To apply to be a Moderator You Must be:
- a forum regular
- have been at the forum for over 3 months
- have a positive presence on AceHSC Community
- be proactive
- knowledgeable in the Forums they would like to moderate.
- polite and helpful towards other members and give advice whenever needed and whenever possible.
- visit the forum each day, actively take part in discussions as often as possible, ideally once a day, setting a good example to the other members.
- take an active part in discussions between Moderators relating to the running of the forum.
- help to keep unsuitable content out of the forums as much as possible.
HOW TO APPLY?
Do you want to be an AceHSC Community Forum Moderator? Fill out the “Become a Moderator” application form and we will review your submission!
Please be aware that applying to be a moderator does not guarantee acceptance and that moderators will only be appointed when needed.